Ladbrokes Owner

Since their establishment way back in1886, Ladbrokes have had a number of owners, some of which have helped them in becoming one of the biggest bookmakers on the planet – from the opening of their first shop in the 1900s to their recent merger with Coral.

Who Owns Ladbrokes?

As of December 2017, Ladbrokes is owner GVC, who some of you may know as the owners on rival online gaming site, Foxy Bingo. This deal was a long time coming, and two previous attempts at a deal fell through. It must be said however, that the company does not own the whole of Ladbrokes (Now Ladbrokes Coral), they only own 53.5%, with the other 46.5% being owned by Ladbrokes Coral shareholders.

So, what does this mean for the company? Well, according to their chairman John Kelly, the deal with GVC would “accelerate our strategy to improve customer experience, drive faster online growth and build a more diverse and extensive international portfolio of businesses”. As a result of this, shareholders are also expected to benefit, with share prices increasing steadily since the news first broke.

Behind the takeover bid is chief executive of GVC, Kenny Alexander. It is believed that Mr. Alexander himself is a bit of a gambler, and this was evident in him pushing through a move for Ladbrokes before the government’s review of Fixed Odds Betting Terminals was completed, as this is where a big chunk of the company’s total revenue is generated.

Ladbrokes Owner GVC

So what about GVC themselves? Well, they operate in both business to consumer and business to business markets, which has made them a major player in online gambling.  Despite only being formed in 2004, GVC is now a member of the FTSE 100 and trades its shares on the Main Market in the London Stock exchange.

GVC are also currently licensed in more than 20 jurisdictions, employ over 28,000 people and have offices in 18 territories, stretched across five continents – which makes them a global powerhouse in anybody’s book.

Now you may be thinking, if GVC are so big, why haven’t I heard of them? Well, GVC are simply the driving force behind some names you will definitely have heard of, such as Bwin, Sportingbet, Gala, PartyPoker, PartyCasino and Foxy Bingo.

In addition to this, since their acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral has been completed, they have also gone on to announce that they were creating a joint venture with MGM Resorts International, in order to try and conquer the US online gaming market and try to address the regulation issues that it currently has.

Safety and responsible gambling are at the forefront of what GVC are currently doing and they regularly state their aim to ‘provide the world’s safest, most trusted gaming platform’. All this is music to the ears of punters, as GVC are behind some of the biggest sites in the business.

  • Ladbrokes Bingo

    Ladbrokes Bingo

    18+. New customers only. Certain countries only. GBP, EUR & SKR only. Min deposit and spend £10 on Bingo within 7 days of reg. Bonus for Bingo only. 2x wagering req apply. Bonus valid for 7 days. T&Cs apply, see below.

  • Ladbrokes Casino

    Ladbrokes Casino

    18+. New Customers Only.Min £20 deposit. Payment method restrictions apply. 50x (deposit and bonus) wagering requirements apply. Contributions to wagering requirements vary by game. Max bonus bet 30% of bonus. Bonus valid for 28 days (bonus+winnings removed). Restrictions apply T&C’s apply.

  • Ladbrokes Slots

    Ladbrokes Slots

    18+. New players only. Min bet £10 on qualifying games get £50 Casino Bonus (40x wager reqs) on selected games + 10 Free Spins for Eye of Horus (spin value=10p each). Bonus & Free Spins valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Bets covering >70% of Roulette table excluded. T&Cs Apply.

  • Ladbrokes Sports

    Ladbrokes Sports Logo

    18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply

Ladbrokes Betting Site Owners

As you’d expect, with GVC owning a controlling stake in Ladbrokes, this also means they own the Ladbrokes betting site. Online betting has grown massively over the last 10-15 years, with many more punters choosing to bet via their smartphone, tablet, or computer at home, rather than venture to a shop.

It is for this reason that the owner will no doubt look to grow the betting site even further, which may result in more betting markets on more sports and events, as well as better slots, casino games and maybe even more special offers and promotions for online customers. Visit this page to check out the latest offers for online sports betting.

With that being said, it’s safe to assume that Ladbrokes is in safe hands with their owner – and exciting times could well be ahead for customers.