Heinz is a multiple bet that consists of six selections and 57 bets in total. It includes doubles, trebles, four-folds, five-folds and a six-folds. Ultimately, having the stake spread across numerous types of bets gives you more chance of a return.
In addition to offering more opportunity to win, it will cost you more on the stake. For a chance of winning a profit, you will need to have a minimum of two selections that win.
Where does the name come from?
The name Heinz makes you think of the sauce and food company. You’d be right to think of that, this bet was named after them. Heinz often treat the number 57 as a lucky number and due to this bet having 57 legs, it was appropriate to name it a Heinz bet.
Heinz Bet Explained
Like many multiple bets, the Heinz bet provides a range of bet types. It’s a common horse racing bet type but can also be used for other sports. Even though you only make six selections, the Heinz bet will spread the stake across 57 bets.
Heinz bet consists of:
- It entails six selections
- Spread over 57 bets
- Known as a full cover bet
When placing a Heinz bet you will be betting on 15 doubles, 20 doubles, 15 four-folds, 6 five-fold and 1 six-fold accumulator.
To be able to enjoy a win from this bet, you will need a minimum of two picks to win. There are no single bets, meaning that you need more than one to be correct. Even if two are correct, you may not profit. It depends on the odds.
How Can You Work This Out?
Bets of this nature can be difficult to calculate. The best way to calculate the winnings that you have earned, is to use an official bet calculator.
The highest return will match that of a six-fold accumulator. The difference is, when you place an accumulator, just one wrong prediction will cost you the return. A Heinz bet requires a bigger stake but if some bets do not win, you may still enjoy a good return.
Overall you will win more due to the add-on bets that extend further than just an accumulator.
How to Place a Heinz Bet
Don’t be put off by the number of bets. Despite there being 57 bets and six selections, it’s a simple bet to place.
Follow these easy-to-follow steps:
- Find the bookmaker with the best odds, we have already displayed offers and online bookies on some of our other pages.
- Choose six betting selections and results that you wish to predict.
- Then pick multiple bet options and select the stake for a Heinz bet.
It is that simple. You will often have the option to click into the Heinz bet box and input the stake. If you have any issues, then simply contact the bookmaker’s live chat.
Displaying an example of this bet isn’t simple. You need at least two bets to win, for you to get a return. Here, we show you an example of profits. We do this with a fictional horse racing bet that we have placed, merely to show you how it works.
Each horse is priced at 2.00.
- 0 selection wins – £0 return with a profit of -£57
- 1 selection wins – £0 return with a profit of -£57
- 2 selection wins – £8 return with a profit of -£49
- 3 selection wins – £56 return with a profit of -£1
- 4 selection wins – £304 return with a profit of £247
- 5 selection wins – £1552 return with a profit of £1,495
- 6 selection wins – £7,300 return with a profit of £7,243
This shows you how you can win on some selections, yet still be at a loss. Try to calculate the potential winnings using a bet calculator.
Can I Do An Each Way Bet?
If you’re betting on racing, then it’s possible to place an each-way bet. This will then turn 47 bets into 114. If your horse places, then you still have a chance of winning a lesser amount, by placing an each-way, it will double the stake too.
Other Ways to Bet
See below for more options on how to bet on your favourite sports.
- Acca Boost Offer from Coral - The Ins and Outs
- Ante Post Betting
- Baseball Bet Types
- Basketball Bet Types
- Bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Deal
- bet365 Auto Cash Out
- Bet365 Best Odds Guaranteed
- Bet365 Bore Draw Money Back Offer
- bet365 Edit Bet
- Bet365 Euro Soccer Bonus Explained
- bet365 Unlimited Places On First Goalscorer
- Betfair #OddsOnThat
- Betfair Acca Edge Insurance
- Betfair Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betfair Cashout and Partial Cash Out
- Betfred #PickYourPunt
- Betfred Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betfred Double Delight Hat-Trick Heaven
- Betfred Goals Galore Explained
- Betfred Money Back Offers Explained
- BetVictor #PriceItUp
- Betvictor Acca Insurance
- BetVictor Best Odds Guaranteed
- Betvictor Bet Calculator
- BetVictor Cashout
- BetVictor Golden Goal
- BetVictor Mobile App
- BetVictor Price Promise
- Both Teams to Score Bet
- Boxing Bet Types
- Boylesports Acca Bonus
- BoyleSports Acca Insurance
- BoyleSports Acca Loyalty
- Boylesports Bet Builder
- Boylesports Mobile App Review
- Coral #YourCall
- Coral Best Odds Guaranteed
- Coral Bet £5 Get £20 Free
- Coral Bet and Get Club
- Coral Build Your Bet
- Coral Connect Card
- Coral Fallers Insurance
- Coral Football Acca Insurance
- Coral Football Jackpot
- Coral Player Bets
- Coral Win Win Get In Offer
- Correct Score Betting
- Cricket Bet Types
- Darts Bet Types
- eSports Bet Types
- F1 Bet Types
- First Goalscorer Bets
- Football Bet Types
- Football Handicap Betting
- Football Transfer Betting
- Full Cash Out and Partially Cashing Out at Coral
- Goals in Both Halves Betting
- Golf Bet Types
- Greyhound Bet Types
- Hockey Bet Types
- Horse Racing Bet Types
- How to Place a Bet
- How to Place an Accumulator on Bet365
- How To Place an Accumulator on Paddy Power
- How To Place an Accumulator on William Hill
- Man of the Match Betting
- NASCAR Bet Types
- NFL Bet Types
- Paddy Power 2-Up-You-Win
- Rugby League Bet Types
- Rugby Union Bet Types
- Snooker Bet Types
- Tennis Bet Types
- The Full Guide For Bet365's Bet Builder Feature
- The Tote Placepot - Ultimate Guide
- Total Corners Betting Explained
- Total Goal Minutes Bet
- Tote Exacta - The Ultimate Guide
- Tote Jackpot
- Tote Quadpot - The Ultimate guide
- Tote Scoop6
- Tote Trifecta - The Ultimate Guide
- UFC Bet Types
- Virtual Bet Types
- Volleyball Bet Types
- What Does "Starting Price" Mean in Betting?
- What is a Canadian Bet?
- What is a Double Bet?
- What is a Goliath Bet?
- What is a Heinz Bet?
- What is a Lucky 15 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 31 Bet?
- What is a Lucky 63 Bet?
- What is a Patent Bet?
- What is a Round Robin Bet?
- What is a Single Bet?
- What is a Super Heinz Bet?
- What is a Super Yankee Bet?
- What is a Treble Bet?
- What is a Trixie Bet?
- What is a Union Jack Bet?
- What is a Yankee Bet?
- What is an Accumulator Bet?
- What is an Alphabet Bet All About?
- What is an Each Way Bet?
It adds an exciting element to betting, not only are you punting on a six-fold accumulator, but you are spreading the stake. This will allow you more chance to win! You could win huge amounts.
Be aware that this means that you will need to lay-down more. If you put a £1 stake in then it will cost a total of £57.
Why not give the Heinz bet a go next time you’re browsing your favourite sportsbooks?